salineriverchronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Forum of salineriverchronicle.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To get back to the main Home Page of salineriverchronicle.com, re-type www.salineriverchronicle.com into your address(url) box at the top of the page..................................................................

Responsible news reporting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Responsible news reporting Empty
PostSubject: Responsible news reporting   Responsible news reporting EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 am

I don't understand why the major news media, like CNN, don't check their stories for truth before running them. Yesterday, the preacher in Gainesville who had announced plans to burn the Koran, was given BREAKING NEWS coverage, to say that he had made a deal with the IMAM to move the location of that proposed mosque in New York in exchange for not burning the Koran. Late last night the breaking news was that it was all a lie. The United States doesn't need irresponsible journalism at this time. And, Christians don't need idiots using God's name and lying on worldwide television. I'm tired of people not doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
beagleRun

beagleRun

PostSubject: Re: Responsible news reporting   Responsible news reporting EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:04 am

Last night, CNN was actually discussing this on AC 360. In fact Jeffrey Toobin, a CNN political and legal analyst, said even he himself who works for CNN thought they gave the guy way to much attention. I totally agree with you that people like this preacher don't deserve any air time. I will say to CNN's credit though, when the guy came out to speak yesterday CNN probably had no idea what he was going to say. Even then, apparently he really stretched the truth as to what he had been promised. The real question in all of this is why in the world was a Church of just 30 people given so much attention? The main reason was that General Petraeus came out first and condemned the activity in order to protect US soldiers. With that said, I do think most of the National Media gave this Church way to much attention. He is obviously a lune. In the end, the church does have a Constitutional right to continue on with the activity. If they do, I hope the media will give him limited to no coverage(although I doubt that will happen). Once the deed has been done, the story will be forgotten in three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Island

Prairie Island

PostSubject: Re: Responsible news reporting   Responsible news reporting EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:34 am

The apostate who threatened to burn the Koran does need to be ignored. Likewise, if we are in a war where the actions of a petty wannabe impostor might harm the lives of our troops, we are using the wrong game plan. It is a travesty to have our men and women in harm's way sans a win-at-all costs mindset. They deserve better.

Perhaps instead of using antiquated tactics that have never worked against terrorists of any stripe, we might start to form and maintain rapid response teams to act swiftly and decisively at will in regions where we know our enemies might operate. Beat them at them own game albeit with honor and integrity. They hit us and we retaliate with overwhelming force to the point of total annihilation in a matter of hours. Keep them guessing. Keep them in fear.

Whether it be oil spills, jobs, natural disasters, terrorism or other warfare, pestilence or our energy policy, the world has changed. We cannot continue to employ 1960 techniques to solve 21st century issues.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Island

Prairie Island

PostSubject: Re: Responsible news reporting   Responsible news reporting EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:56 pm

I must also chime in that it is easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize like I just did. Things take on a different shape when you are actually out there dodging the arrows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Responsible news reporting   Responsible news reporting Empty

Back to top Go down

Responsible news reporting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
salineriverchronicle :: News :: Other News-
Jump to: